The Arts Access Grant supports:
- Queens community-based nonprofit organizations offering cultural activities
- Queens community-based organizations that do not have nonprofit status, but are applying through a NYC-based fiscal sponsor
- Individual artists are not eligible to apply for this grant. Instead, they can apply to the New Work Grant.
- These are project-based grants, so even non-arts organizations can apply, as long as projects provide cultural or arts programming.
Project funding is available for:
- Performing, literary, media and visual arts projects that enhance quality of life in Queens and increase overall cultural awareness in the community
- Projects and programs by Queens-based nonprofit organizations of various ethnic, social, and geographic areas providing arts and cultural programming that are open to the public
- Arts and cultural activities that are funded must take place in Queens during the 2020 calendar year
Grant funds can be used for:
- Artists' fees
- Direct administration costs
- Marketing and publicity costs
- Supplies and materials needed for the execution of the project
- Venue rental for the project (general home/office rent is not eligible)
Applications must show how the requested funds will:
- Strengthen community bonds
- Increase overall awareness and greater access to cultural activities in Queens
- Advance the applicant organization’s mission
To review the full guidelines and eligibility requirements, please access this link
Any questions? Email Dan Bamba, Grants and Residencies Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is supported in part by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, Greater New York Arts Development Fund, in partnership with the City Council.